Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy Edmonton
How can we help?
At Granville West end Physiotherapy, we have successfully treated various pelvic floor dysfunction cases in men and women for the last decade. At our pelvic floor clinic Edmonton we have a Certified Rost Therapy Clinician and Certified Pfilates clinician (AKA pelvic floor pilates) on board to meet our client’s needs in time. Click Here to know more about Pelvic Floor Pilates.
Pelvic floor Physiotherapy is becoming more established in the medicinal field, it is the first line of defense against Incontinence and Pelvic Pain. Pelvic floor physiotherapy Edmonton treatment can also be taken by children with urinary tract infections. The dysfunction is more prone to old people. Pelvic Floor Dysfunction can be caused by:
HYPOTONICITY (WEAK PELVIC FLOOR MUSCLES):
Contributing to stress incontinence, urge incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse. Incontinence is NOT a normal part of aging. If you get incontinence you can cure it with Pelvic floor physiotherapy Edmonton regardless of your age and situation. Our physiotherapists can provide solutions for pelvic floor dysfunction.
HYPERTONICITY (TIGHT PELVIC FLOOR MUSCLES):
Contributing to Urinary and Fecal Urgency, Urge Incontinence, Chronic Pelvic Pain, Dyspareunia, Vaginismus, Vulvodynia, Pudendal Neuralgia, Interstitial Cystitis, and Chronic Prostatitis. Physical Therapy can be a solution for all conditions caused by a dysfunctional Pelvic floor.
Hypertonic muscles can cause the following symptoms:
- Urinary frequency, urgency, hesitancy, stopping and starting of the urine stream, painful urination, or incomplete emptying
- Constipation, straining, pain with bowel movements
- Unexplained pain in your low back, pelvic region, hips, genital area, or rectum
- Pain during or after intercourse, orgasm, or sexual stimulation
- Uncoordinated muscle contractions causing the pelvic floor muscles to spasm
Pelvic floor physiotherapy can be extremely helpful to address some of the challenges that males may have when their pelvic floors are not working properly including:
- Post-Prostatectomy Incontinence
- Erectile dysfunction
- Post Abdominal Or Pelvic Surgery
- Diastasis Rectus Abdominis
- Pelvic Pain including Chronic Prostatitis, Testicular, and Penile pain syndromes
- Sexual Pain
- Nocturia (frequent urination at night)
- Symptoms of retention which can often be associated with Benign Prostate Hyperplasia and/or a tight pelvic floor
- Birth Preparation
- Tight Pelvic Floor
- Chronic Constipation
Everyone who visits Granville Physiotherapy for pelvic floor rehab will get a set of pelvic floor physiotherapy exercises to do at home. Book an appointment & meet us at our clinic.