Pediatric Physiotherapy Edmonton
We are well trained, qualified pediatric physiotherapist with more than 20 years of experience who will attend to the special need of your child.
What is Pediatric Physiotherapy?
The goal in Physio for Kids is to facilitate participation, development and independence in life taking into consideration the unique, ever-hanging needs of the growing baby, child and adolescent.
Who can benefit from Pediatric Physiotherapy?
Pediatric physiotherapists have a clear understanding and knowledge base of pediatric conditions and illnesses, growth related conditions and developmental stages and milestones. They are aware of primitive reflex patterns seen in babies and young children and can identify abnormalities in growth, posture, alignment, and development. Pediatric physiotherapy Edmonton can also also be taken by people suffering from growth-related conditions and injuries that are present in pre-teens and adolescents.
How will my kid be treated?
Pediatric physiotherapy is the right option for your child if they are experiencing problems, pain, or gross motor challenges related to growth and/or development in Edmonton.
Who Needs Pediatric Physiotherapy Services?
Pediatric Physiotherapy Edmonton can be taken by people suffering from:
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Pediatric Concussion
- Cerebral Palsy
- Neuro-Developmental disorders
- Postural Dysfunction
- Foot injuries
- Wrist sprain
- Ankle sprain
- Shin splints
- Anterior knee pain
- Overuse injuries
- Growth-related injuries (i.e. Sever’s, Osgood-Schlatter)
- Ligament sprains
- Muscle strains
- Post-surgical conditions
- Joint pain
We Provide treatment for
- Movement and range of motion
- Strength endurance
- Agility training
- Gross or fine motor Training
- Balance and Coordination Training
- Functional activities Training
- Activity modification Training
- Growth related disorders such as Osgood-Schlatter’s
- Disease, Sever’s Disease and Little League Elbow
- Kids Sports Injuries / Trauma / Overuse injuries
- Gross Motor and Developmental Delay
- Head Shape Concerns (Plagiocephaly)
- Tip-toe Walking / In-toeing Gait / Bowed Legs
- Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis
- Scheuermann’s Disease
- Hip Dysplasia
- Pediatric Neuro Rehabilitation
- Pediatric Stroke
- Developmental Disability
We Work Towards
Strength-building exercises– Strong bodies are healthy bodies. We help kids gradually regain strength in the injured area with easy-to-learn exercises they’ll actually enjoy doing.
Better movement– Injuries can cause mobility issues, even after healing. We get kids moving again by focusing on treatments that improve their range of motion.
Extra confidence boost– You want to see your child confident in their abilities. So do we. Our approach focuses on building self-esteem and a positive self-image for kids after injury.